Our first attempt. Today we got together to try and get 1 ball in a cup. We got it to finally work, but realized when we reload the ball will drop in the same cup agian. We also decided to plan how to do the project
Today I was researching how to drop one ball in the cup instead of two balls. We think that the turn helicopter thing is supposed to knock the ball in the cup.
On Saturday we focused on building the helicopter Lego thing. We also worked on decorating Dot. A challenge we faced was to make sure the pole was tall enough to hit the helicopter Lego thing.
Another challenge was the helicopter thing wasn't turning. We tried building the pole higher and higher and higher. But that didn't work so we tried something else and it worked. We are nearly done with the helicopter.Were just trying to spin the balls into the cups. We went to the lego store for more legos and got the idea for a gumball machine.When candy comes out it is only one at a time.
Before we started doing expiraments with the lego gumball machine idea,we figured out what dash will do once he sees dot.We learned from last mission about obstacles and seeing Dot and running the program 3 times. We decided to write out all the steps and use what we learned about loops.Then we created loops or repeats in the code.And everything was coming together.Now we are on the creative part.
Today Tamia and I (Nesari) were trying to figure out how to put the basket together, we choose to go with a Lego basket , One of the problems that we kept on having was that the basket kept on falling apart. Everytime we were close to figuring it out, booom went the lego basket. Oliana and Lily were working on coding Dash. They were working on trying to program Dash to move and drop the ball inside the basket.
Tamia and me (Oliana) were coding, What we need to work on is tilting the head and moving forward a little bit. Lily and Nesari are working on building the gumball machine, they are almost done. We took lots of pictures and videos!!!!!
Today we were working on the coding.We were fixing the parts to make sure it works.We almost finished.We took lots of pictures.We had lots of trouble with lining up the Dash.Every time it would go a little different.Also we were thinking of decorations.And we did how many takes we did.We did 36 takes.
Today we were working on the coding.We were fixing the parts to make sure it works.We almost finished.We took lots of pictures.We had lots of trouble with lining up the Dash.
Every time it would go a little different.Also we were thinking of decorations.And we did how many takes we did.We did 36 takes. And we finally got the ball inside the cup .
Things that happened yesterday. Decorations, Alignment, First Success,